<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 18, 2005

not waddling just yet

ok, ok maybe on the stairs but thats it. I'm definitely huffin n puffin up some stairs these days but I recover quickly. I seemed to have "blossomed" this week and thanks to an official documentatrian (uh thanks bek) which my husband insisted on in his monthlong absence I think I'll have an updated belly pic up soon. A repair guy working in our office last Friday and guessed that I was in my 8th month! When I said "no, almost the 6th" he said hte daddy must be tall - yup. He is. That and last weeks 4.6 pound shoe debacle really made me aware of my recent (and seemingly sudden) growth spurt. Debacle: Um I got on the doctor's scale and freaked out just a little then I took off by stompy red boots and phew... right where I should be.
It feels like I'm 13 all over again. In the middle of the night I wake up and swear I can feel my own expansion. The pregnancy books state, its not pain just "an unusual sensation which requires my attention" - but I think that is supposed to apply to labor. The up side is that this week people officially started offering me seats on the subway!!! Without me having to even open up the winter coat or rub my belly sides. I don't always steal the seats of the innocent, just if I'm very needy - like if I'm being bumped, leaned into or if I'm recovering my breath from the extreme exertion of walking and talking at the same time. Don't worry, its not really that bad. I exagerate for comic effect, don't you know. It hink the baby wieghs a pound now but am not sure what type of vegetable would best approximate its size - I'll get ont hat right away. I know we are well past sweet potato.
Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?