<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 27, 2005

I am really enjoying being pregnant - it just dawned on me today that I am in a very good phase of this gestational process. I've finally got enough of a belly to not just look like I've let myself go and to appear like an actual pregnant woman. It’s really fun to notice other pregnant women who are instantly so sweet. Even the unending stream of unsolicited advice is fun because I realize I really enjoy discussing pregnancy - mine and others. I can eat a lot more now and I can eat as much ice cream as I want with no lactose intolerance (what the?) I haven’t fully tested this theory yet but I did go through a pint of dulce de leche in about 3 days which is unheard of for me. Until being pregnant I never got to the bottom of an ice cream container before it got disgusting freezer burn and I had to throw it out. There are of course occasional discomforts (like how stuffed I felt shortly after devouring 5 pop n bake cinnamon rolls yesterday or huffing and puffing occasionally) and there is an occasional pms-like irrational irritation and general overwhelming pissed offedness but that dissipates very quickly and is generally only brought on by the MTA and its oh so friendly rush hour riders. Overall, I am so very happy in a non-specific kind of sunshine family vibey way. It will all be fine. One thing that may have contributed to this lack of persistent nagging worry was getting through the 20 week anatomy scan and learning that it is a healthy baby developing just as it should be and it seems I'm passed the amnio threshold. Didn't want it and I passed all the screening with great results so now they can't bug me about it anymore. Everything is great! AND now we know the sex of the baby and can stop calling it "it."

My favorite pregnant moment this week: I'm snoozing while hubby is preparing for an early morning departure on a 4 day tour - he comes in to kiss me goodbye and in my groggy state I call him back "say goodbye to the baby" and he bends down with the sweetest hug and says "goodbye my baby boy." a hallmark moment for sure, maybe even good enough for one of those Johnson&Johnson baby propaganda commercials. OK wipe back the tears and get back to work.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?