<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 16, 2003

So
minor news worthy event in the life of lulu. yesterday I as I was tippity typing away my phone rang and I answered it- not so strange I know. "may I speak with Lulu Hotpants?" "this is she (I always say it wrong, no?)"
"well this is Bernard Telsley casting and why'd like you to come audition for Rent" wha?????? I managed somehow not to sound shocked and amazed but I was - I also managed somehow to say yes I'll be there, no problem, instead of what the hell? and how did you get this number?
it was out o the blue , a surprise, a gift for from some far distant, less procrastinatory past. I was to sing 16 bars of an up-tempo rock or pop song. I actually sang about 10-12 bars of Tracy Bonham's Mother Mother. Did a little cut while waiting to go in cause they all seemed to be going so fast-I may have cut too boldly-she seemed a little surprised at my brevity-but I ran the gamut of pitch and rockin ness (ha) I did manage to move my body ever so slightly (thanks B!) and I did what I went there to do. Didn't choke -act too freaked out or avoid the thing all together so I consider it a personal success. I was actually happy with the quality of my voice compared to how it could've gone so that's another good thing, so there. My first Broadway audition-I tramped the look up a bit for the occasion and that was fun, too.
Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?