<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 21, 2003

Quick update: I lucked into a non-singing part in a new opera at center for contemporary opera.
Vera of Las Vegas has welcomed me into her hirsute arms thanks entirely to BB (and in small part to a decent interview on my part.)
So first sing thru was quite enlightening-sitting right next to real live opera singers can be a bit loud at times. The biggest adjustment though was getting the schedule and seeing how much I'll be expected to be there. A lot for a trenchcoated duo who only have blocking and eight syllables to learn-I mean just compared to the arias etc. of everyone else. It will be loads of fun-especially figuring out the interrogation scene-which we get to create ourselves! "You said you have stage combat background, right" uh, yea I suppose I do. Then someone else asked me about my marshal arts training (basic only) hmmmm. It will all be fun but looking at the next two months of your life on paper is always humbling or horrifying-you choose.
It also made me feel like a loser with a day job cause the day time rehearsals peppered throughout the schedule were horribly shocking to stumble upon. I'm calculating vacation, personal and sick days in my head versus leaving early, travel time etc. Welcome back to the world grasshopper.
Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?