<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 16, 2003

So here's a bold statement, if you know me at all you'll agree:
I'm giving up Dr. Pepper - cold turkey. I'm on day two and having no regrets and no uncontrollable urges. I've softened the blow by allowing a little caffeine from other sources. The point is not to eschew caffeine altogether but rather destroy my dependence on the corn syruppy doctor and kick out the empty calorie super sugar intake habit. I feel happ yabout this. I already feel some what free f the mid day up & down sugar cycle. Granted I'm sort of a low level of somewhat tired today and yesterday there's no major slump as there usually is when I absolutely MUST rest my head on the cushy, jelly mousepad and dream of the nap room I'd create were I king of this strategy consulting firm. I fear I may loose my quirky charm, we'll have to wait and see. It may have been on the way out any way. I have ever wanted to completely stop drinking Dr. Pepper for as long as I can remember. I feel that the cold turkey route is important for now and I am reserving judgement as to whether it will be a special occasion treat (road trips, pizza parties, its hard to say) but I really don't want to hear myself boasting that I'm down to only two a day. That's dependence and I despise its carmelly smack (dependence-metaphorically, not DP I love its sickly sweet flavah). So thats the news in this small corner of the universe-it won't stop the war, make your hair grow or enlighten princes but I feel somewhat triumphant even after a measely two days. Go me.
Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?