<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 24, 2003

yea blogger's acting a little funny today_ I'll see if I can make it through this posting without surprise disappearances and what not:
news:
Great weekend for momala's birthday...we went to the amazing and brain melting MEDEA with the incomparable Fiona Shaw -the beefcake husband also kicked serious butt...I can't properly do it justice here but suffice it to say it was the FIRST time in my five years here that I did not hear any elctronic interruption, there were no late arrivals AND miracle of miracles-no one in the audience left until well after the third encore. It was mesmerizing... and what better way to follow transcendent theatre than with a transcendent meal at all day long
Next weekend will be our BIG ole housewarming party and it is on the exact same day as Texas Independence Day and ALSO my late great grandfather's birthday (honey aka Max David Ray.) I just ordered the tamales which will be shipped up from Texas and arrive Friday (yeeehaw.) It makes me wish I had some sort of cool Texas flag but I don't want to attract the wrong sort (shrubbies)-so maybe I'll settle on the "don't mess with Texas" tee. I'm at the point of realizing that although the house is now presentable-there are things that will not be done for the party-the chandelier won't be working, we may not have the right bottom cushion for our new "couch," the bench/radiator cover we planned to build has not been started etc. I figure at this point if I can find a few more hiding places and hide the wires I think we'll be ok. I know it. Once our wonderful friends show up that'll be all we need
Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?