<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 21, 2003

Short work week!!!!!!! hooray Somehow the corporate work-a-day drudgery makes me again feel like an anxious adolescent longing for summer. That's my general sentiment anyway, I guess. Besides just wanting to be free free free from work I also feel compelled to address my other work - my new home. Went to Ikea yesterday and bought lots of crazy rugs (OK four)-one of which made mah honey go "ewwww" and shriek like a baby girl. So what if its sheepskin! Its soft, fuzzy and oh so warm-a big plus when you've only got two little electric heaters goin. Bye bye little Lambchop. One rug is a welcome mat made of weird blue astroturf in varying heights-forming a nested box pattern-it called to me. Those crazy Ikeans! Radiator hook up is on the horizon though (huzzah) along with shower hook up and a possible new bathroom sink. The RED bedroom has been de-construction-zoned and made cozy. I've ordered the broken parts to be resent so I can put together the tiny chandelier for the tiny room. The closets are mostly functional-the kitchen is very nerarly done-there's the matter of three small shelves over the fridge where currently sit three wobbly wine crates holding olive oil and numerous other heavy breakables. Also a fancy new magnetic knife rack to mount-woo woo. So the kitchen will soon be unpacked-once the shower is usable we're human again- I hope. Of course there's still a decent list but those two main areas -kitchen and bath- are sooo very important for sanity/stability and cetera. I do like having an excuse to go to Sistra's whenever I get the urge-thank you shower fairy (also JHP-rocknroll) I'll have to keep that up. SO happy with the house elves and mahhoney for bringing the bathroom out of the gasp zone and making it look as if it may finally have joined the domestic world. That's the update-maybe some day I'll post pictures. We are working on an album-before and after.
Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?