<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 06, 2002

In other news: All of the demolition type work is now done and roughly 20 large "contractor" bags worth of floor, ceiling and wall materials are now in the city dump instead of my new home-glory be to good friends with growing skills and interest in small home improvement projects done on little to no budget! The flooring guy started yesterday-the job is estimated to take 10 or 14 days but probably less because he likes to leave room in the estimate just in case and all this including negotiating how level the floors will end up and various other very specific floor details all related to me in English learned on the job doing floors and restorations-yea I'm a bit nervous but at least I negotiated him down to 25% down instead of the 50% originally suggested-did I mention we are paying him in cash? Also mah sweet honey is in a van in middle America somewhere. ummmm my nerves are going haywire because on top of this we are really hoping to get everything else done in and around the floor guy and be moved in before we get on the plane to go to the family holiday festivities on December 20th (remember the 10-14 day floor estimate...) Also the plumber has to go in and redo the "totally illegal" waste pipes of both the kitchen and bathroom sinks and there's a whole other potential issue with a possible toilet leak causing a mystery stain on the neighbor's ceiling. Mom came to town last night for marathon packing weekend-she is really good at that and while we aren't ready to be totally packed up, this is my big opportunity to get it done (well.) Still, she started taking pictures down off the wall and I had a mini interior meltdown-save that for last! Not yet! Not yet! My little secret self isn't ready for the reality of home ownership even after all the long drawn out lead up. I'm off to draw up some sort of magical calendar allowing for all this important stuff to get done somewhat on time thereby allaying the creeping upward of my innards-they crave the warm security of my mouth-down you bastards! Down innards! yea um did I say I'm berry berry nervous and antsy?
Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?